Founder, Shareholder, & Managing Director – Sprezzatura Advisors | Co-Founder, Shareholder & Co-Managing Director – Africa Organics SARL
Anas is a big believer in the Africa and the Middle-East economic integration & endless synergies. He is actively leading the effort, from the UAE, in the Regenerative Ag, AgriFoodTech & Agri-businesses’ sectors.
The MEASA region (Middle East–Africa–South Asia) covers 45% of the world’s population and is expected to be one of the most rapidly growing regions. Moreover, the MEASA region is approximately 18% of global GDP and is likely to grow at much faster than developed countries in the coming decade. One need only consider the energy riches of the Middle East,
the mineral, agricultural, and fishery resources of Africa, or the large
and educated population of India to understand the – huge – potential for the region.
Great Government support: For the GCC countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates), sustainability and agriculture are considered a top priority. Governments are promoting and funding innovation in these fields as part of diversifying oil and gas portfolio and tackling the strategic food security issue.
He is witnessing a solid trend for the UAE – the hub of the MEASA region – to become the number one “manufactory” for AgriFoodTech.
Anas has a proven and successful track-record with over 17 years of global investment and strategic advisory experience in Europe and the Middle East and Africa (MEA) regions.
Through Sprezzatura Advisors, Anas has:
– Facilitated M&A, debt, and capital-raising transactions surpassing $10 billion for top-tier investment banks
– Built large private equity portfolios from scratch, focusing on sustainable and regenerative agriculture in Europe, Latin America, and Africa
– Co-founded more than seven companies in farm management, impact investing, incubation, water technology, fertilizer trading, and management consulting across four countries
– Co-managed large-scale agri-investments for prominent European and US investors
– Directly hired over 50 individuals and initiated the creation of 350+ jobs in three emerging and underprivileged nations
– Operated the planting of over 3 million trees